Monday, January 25, 2010

The Masquerade




I recently heard this song for the first time and I think it's so true. For how many years did I play my part in the masquerade? Even as I started typing this I thought, "you're one of the only ones who tries to make people believe you're something you're not." But I'm posting this anyway .:)For years I had walls around my heart, but as I've opened up and let people see more of the real me, I'm finding that the kind words that people say to me are reaching my heart. I also have more kind words for others, because I'm not thinking so much about myself anymore. What is the point of constantly trying is please everyone, and wanting people to think I'm something that I'm not? I know for myself it caused me to have a lot of anxiety. And how do you know if people really like you? Or how can you get help for things that you struggle with or when you're hurting?


No comments:

Post a Comment