Wednesday, January 2, 2008

back to school &Your Baby Can Read DVDs

Today was back to school for us. The kids were having so much fun on vacation that they weren't too happy about starting school again, but it went just fine. Christian did narration in his language lesson, then he decided to write his own short story.

My parents gave Sophie the "Your Baby Can Read" DVD set for Christmas (I sell it with Usborne Books). It's made for children birth-5 years old, and even babies that can't talk yet can learn to read words! Sophie has been enjoying it. If I'm going to put a DVD on for her, (and I usually end up doing that once a day) I'd rather have her learning to read than watching any old children's video. I have no doubt that she will be reading at a young age. When I was reading her a story today, she was running her finger under the words. Two of my boys could read at a second grade level at age four.

No comments:

Post a Comment