Monday, December 15, 2008

Daybook 12/15/08

FOR TODAY: December 15, 2008
Outside my window...it's very early and it's still dark outside.
I am thinking..that my oldest son is going to turn 18 this coming year. I don't want him to move out. I mean, I know it will happen someday, but the years have gone by way too fast!
I am thankful for...heat and electricity. Much of our state is out of power now.
From the learning rooms... I asked Christian (8) the other day the other day if he wanted to start doing Beyond Five in a Row with his brother Isaiah (12). The unit studies are for ages 8-12, and I wasn't sure if he was ready yet. He said that he wants to start right away! I read him the first 5 chapters of the book over the week-end so he could be ready to do the lessons for Ch. 6 with his brother today. This will save me so much planning time.
From the kitchen...I made cranberry bread last night. This week we will make Christmas cookies.
I am wearing...black pants and a gray sweater.
I am creating...memories with my family.
I am going...to wrap presents today!
I am reading... Still reading The Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien, and Keeping Holiday by Starr Meade (read-aloud)
I am hoping...that power gets restored quickly for everyone who's been without. I've talked to so many people who have been without power for days. We were fortunate to only be out for 1/2 a day.
I am hearing...the heater coming on. Otherwise, it's completely quiet-amazing!
Around the house...there are Christmas decorations. Last night the kids wrapped gifts and put them under the tree. They pick names so they can buy one sibling a nice gift. Sophie (3) was jumping around last night with excitement because Christmas is almost here!
One of my favorite things...is making cookies with my kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week: a basketball game, and Christmas shopping.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Rokenbok is a great toy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    I hope you all have a very blessed and merry Christmas!

    Tiany

    ReplyDelete