Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daybook 2/14



FOR TODAY: February 14, 2010
Outside my window...it's dark and cold.
I am thinking....about the marriage conference that I attended this week-end. My hubby and I have always had a good marriage, but there were some things they talked about that we can do that will make our marriage even better!
I am thankful for...my husband!
From the learning rooms...Charles' mid-year evaluations are tomorrow and the other boy's evals are at the end of the week.
From the kitchen...last week my friend and I got together to make freezer meals. It's been awesome to have ready made meals. They've all been good, too! Today I made salsa. Yum!
I am wearing...a black turtleneck and Jeans
I am creating... portfolios for the kids. I start them for the mid-year evaluations and I finish them when we finish the school year.
I am going...to apply some of the things I learned at the marriage conference this week-end.
I am reading...The Game of My Life: A True Story of Challenge, Triumph, and Growing Up Autistic (I like reading books like this because my youngest son is on the autistic spectrum) and Stirring It Up by Gary Hirshburg the CEO of Stoneyfield Farm Yogurt (I was a nanny for this author's kids before I had kids)
I am hoping...that Sophie likes the Valentine's Day card I'm about to make for her. :)
I am hearing...Sophie "reading" a story next to me.
Around the house...I've been just barely keeping up with housework lately. I'm planning a spring cleaning day soon where I'm going to have everyone help me deep clean the house.
One of my favorite things...is spending time with hubby away from the kids. We had some much needed quiet time to talk this week-end.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Visiting my grandmother in the hospital, and going to Charles' basketball games.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

To read more daybooks, please check out the Simple Woman's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love that photo. It sits in my bed room next to my bed on the night stand. I miss seeing you and the family. I have the other one of you, Fred and the boys when they were young in my room too.

    ReplyDelete