Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Turkey casserole & cooking without a recipe

Kysha at http://www.humblemama.blogspot.com/ asked me to post the recipe for the turkey casserole that I listed in my weekly menus post. Actually, I didn't use a recipe. I never thought this would happen, but more and more I've been cooking without using recipes. I guess after cooking for so long, I'm learning what ingredients go well together.

My turkey casserole recipe from memory:

1/4 cup onion
2T butter
1/2 clove garlic (I used dried)
4 cups of chopped turkey
1 small box macaroni cooked
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Optional: I also added about 1/3 cup leftover stuffing

First sauté onion and garlic in the butter. Then combine all ingredients into a 13X 9" pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

2 comments: