Wednesday, May 28, 2008

End of the year schedule

I found that our loose routine wasn't working anymore so I posted a schedule that we've been following more closely. My 7 and 11 yo both work better with a schedule.

7:00-7:30:
I wake and have quiet time

7:30-8:30:

  • Kids wake up, have breakfast, do morning routine. and morning jobs
  • Charles/breakfast clean-up & sweep kitchen
  • Andrew scoop (or change) kitty litter, sweep bathroom & feed cats
  • Isaiah/unload dishwasher & feed and water dog.
  • I shower and start laundry
8:30-9:00:
  • I help christian and Sophie with morning routine
  • Older boys read bible
9:00-10:00:
  • I bring Sophie (3) and christian (7) upstairs or in the playroom and read The Memory Bible and The 21 rules of this house.
  • Then I help christian with math and reading while Sophie quietly plays next to me.
  • Andrew(16) and Charles(14) know what to do and get to work to work on school.
  • Isaiah (11) does Calculadders (math speed drills), Grammar, cursive writing, and assigned reading.
10:00-10:45:
  • I work with Christian on Five in a Row unit study.
  • Isaiah spends 30 playing w/Sophie outside

10:45-12:00:
  • I work with Isaiah on his Beyond Five in a Row unit study
  • Charles and Andrew each spend 30 min playing with Sophie & Christian outside
12:00-12:30
  • Lunch
12:30-1:30
  • My computer time :)
  • Sophie and Christian watch movies
  • Boys have free time (they usually play keyboard or guitar or go outside)

1:30-2:30
  • Cleaning time for me and the older boys -click here to get an idea of what we do
  • Sophie and christian help me some, then they can play educational computer games
2:30-5:30
  • older boys finish up any schoolwork they have left to do
  • Free time for everyone
  • I spend time with sophie and christian (drawing,painting, playdough, or crafts)
  • nature walks or just being outside
  • computer time for 3 older boys
  • dinner prep (I just started having the kids rotate being my kitchen helper each day-it's wonderful!)
I don't schedule the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment