Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook 5/25

FOR TODAY May 25th
Outside My Window...It's a beautiful, sunny day. The kids just came in from playing hide-and-seek tag. I have clothes hanging on the line.
I am thinking...about doing mostly unit studies next year with the younger kids. They always remember more of what they've learned using this method. We'll see :)
I am thankful that....I can be home with my kids.
From the kitchen...I made homemade rolls to go along with dinner and chocolate chip cookies for desert.
I am wearing...an orange and green patterned skirt with a black cotton short sleeved shirt with sandals.
I am creating...a clean, orderly, cozy, loving home for my family.
I am going... to seek the Lord early in the mornings.
I am reading...The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell aloud to Isaiah. it was one of my husband's favorites when he was a kid. It's my first time reading it.
I am hoping...to have a small garden this summer. I want to at least have tomato and hot pepper plants so I can make homemade salsa. yum yum!
I am hearing...the Indy 500 on TV
Around the house... the boys are watching the race, Sophie it sitting next to me drawing and gluing paper.
One of my favorite things...is reading good books aloud to my kids.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I'm helping Andrew do spring cleaning for my parents. He is raising money to go to the national speech & debate tournament in Alabama. I also need catch up on correcting the kids schoolwork.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

2 comments:

  1. actually I do it but I dont host it
    http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ does
    and unfortunity theres no holiday here

    I have clothes hanging on the line too but it keeps raining on them

    we like doing unit studies

    bless your hubby

    yum I can imagine the smells coming from your kitchen

    my 2 year old likes watching the racing cars on TV

    all the best to Andrew

    cool photo look like they are having fun :)

    have a good week
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make it clear that I saw it first on your blog but then I went to The Simple Womans blog. :)

    ReplyDelete