Friday, May 2, 2008

Heart of the Matter: Favorite books


This weeks heart of the matter meme was easy because we love books and I have our favorites here on my blog already, but I will list them again on this post. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's favorites!

Favorite homeschooling how-to books:
A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola
A Charlotte Mason Primer! by Cindy RushtonPublish Post
Homeschooling for Excellence by David and Micki Colfax
How to Home School A Practical Approach by Gayle Graham

Favorite read-alouds:Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
Amos Fortune Free Man by Elizabeth Yates
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Liitle Pilgrim's Progress by Helen L. Taylor
The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman
A Cricket in TImes Square by George Selden
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Spuanto Friend of the Pilgrims by Clyde Robert Bulla
THe Little House on the Prarie (entire series)
The sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth Geore Speare
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink

My favorite novels:
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
Christy by Catherine Marshall
Amos Fortune by Elizabeth Yates
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
THe Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

My favorite homemaking book:
Confessions of an organized Homemaker by Denise Schofield

3 comments:

  1. I need to add some of those to my list of books to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a lot of favorites! Thank you for sharing!
    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Witch of Blackbird Pond to my kids yet, but I read it about 7 years ago by myself and I really enjoyed it. You have a helpful list there. We've only read a few of them so far - The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, A Cricket in Times Square,Little House on the Prairie, and Caddie Woodlawn.

    ReplyDelete