Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Turkey Meatball Recipe

A friend of ours came to a party at our house and brought meatballs in spaghetti sauce. I don't eat beef, so I immediately thought I just wouldn't have any- even though it smelled sooooo good. Then I found out that they were turkey meatballs. Everyone loved them, so I got the recipe from her (she doesn't mind me passing it on).

Turkey Meatballs

1 beaten egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Add the ground turkey and mix well. Shape into small balls and fry in a thin layer of oil. Drain on paper towels.

I put spaghetti sauce (homemade or Jar) into the crockpot and add the cooked meatballs. We make meatball subs. I put 4 or 5 meatballs and sauce into into a sub roll and add some provolone cheese. Next put the subs under the broiler for a few minutes until the rolls are crispy and the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment