Chocolate-Nut-Zucchini Cake3-squares unsweetened Chocolate
3 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups salad oil
3 cups finely grated zucchini
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (we omit this)
1. Melt chocolate over hot, not boiling, water (I microwave it). Let cool. Preheat oven to 350f.
2. Grease well and flour a 20 inch tube pan.
3. Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
4. In large bowl of electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs until thick and light. Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add salad oil and cooled chocolate; beat until well blended.
6. At low speed, add sifted dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
7. Add grated zucchini and nuts; with wooden spoon, stir until well combined.
8. Turn batter into prepared pan; bake1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack.
10. Before serving, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into thin slices.