Sunday, January 17, 2010

Enjoying Homeschooling Again

Ever since my oldest son, who is now graduated, was in second grade I've always had my kids spend 30 to 45 minutes a day playing with/teaching the younger kids. This has been invaluable to me as a homeschooling mom. It frees me up to spend one on one time teaching or reading aloud to the older kids. Well, this year has been different. From September until Christmas vacation I've been homeschooling without that luxury. I thought that the older kids were too busy now, and I thought Sophie was old enough to play quietly while we're schooling. But it was not going well, because she was constantly interrupting and she just needed attention. Over Christmas vacation I had a talk with the boys, and I asked if they would each spend 30 minutes a day with her. They were more than willing, and it's been wonderful! I've been enjoying homeschooling again!

No comments:

Post a Comment