Saturday, December 23, 2017

December Daybook 2017

 



For Today:

Looking out my window... is a snowstorm! It's been snowing all day. 

I am thinking... about how over this past year I became interested in environmentalism, tiny houses, and minimalism. I started using my own bags, jars, water bottles, and coffee cups instead of disposable.  I tried composting for the first time, which felt so good; it really cut down on our trash. This year I want to start shopping at thrift shops. 

I am thankful... for life, love, our home, nice clothes, homeschooling, good health, family, and friends!

One of my favorite things... is having all of my kids sleep over on Christmas Eve. Only two more days!

I am creating... Christmas cards with Sophie.


I am wearing... a stripped hoodie, rose colored pants, and warm, gray winter socks.

I am reading... Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  It's one of Sophie's favorite books. After seeing the movie, I decided to read it. Sophie and I are listening to Christy by Catherine Marshall.

I am watching... Wonder and The Last Jedi.  I went to the theater twice this month-very unusual for me. Wonder was awesome-I cried!  Watching Star Wars with my family is always fun!

I am listening to... Christmas music of course! And Lindsey Sterling.

I am hoping... to do even better with my budget this new year.   I'm planning a 90 day no spending challenge starting in January. 

I am learning... new work skills. Last month I finished the WorkReady class, and in a few weeks I'll be starting a 15 week Office Occupations class. 

In my kitchen... We've stopped eating out. This month I've followed my meal plans pretty well. This week we had mushroom and zucchini enchiladas. They were so yummy! And I made enchilada sauce for the first time!

In the school room...the kids have been working hard, and I am very proud of them! Christian is in his senior year of homeschooling and is getting A's in all of his classes.  Sophie has been asking for more school books, so I will be ordering more.  This last week we found a cool online history game called Mission US.


A moment from my day:
Sophie and her friend making Christmas cookies last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment