Sunday, July 1, 2007

Encouragement to new homeschoolers

I always look forward to starting the new school year, I did even when I was in school! We always start the first week in September. But the first few years that we homeschooled I would get the the end of the fist week and want to throw in the towel. I was ready to jump into a full school schedule, but my kids weren't. They were still enjoying summer vacation, and they needed time to adjust to a new schedule.  Every year I would cry to my husband saying, "we've made a mistake! Maybe we should send them to school!" He would remind me that we made the right decision and to give it time and it would all work out. And he was always right! Every year I've been so glad we've chosen to educate our children at home. There are so many advantages and blessings, maybe in the next post I'll list some of them :)

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job homeschooling, and I appreciate all you've done for me!!!

    ReplyDelete