Monday, September 3, 2007

Our first day of school

Today was our first day of school. I really just wanted walk through the schedule with the kids. I'm still waiting for most of our books to arrive in the mail anyway. I set my alarm (something I rarely do) and got up before the kids. I was able to unload the dishwasher, shower and dress and then sit and read the bible with complete quiet. It was so nice!

Then I woke the kids and we followed the new schedule until 1:00. The kids played math games during math time and word games during the language arts hour. After lunch break the older boys did some yard work and I took the younger kids to the grocery store.

I started the book First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise with Christian today. I've never used this book before, but I think I'm going to like it. It's for 1st and 2nd grade and it uses memory work, narration, copying and dictation and grammar. He also finished a story that he's been working on. It was great to spend one on one time with Christian.

It was such a gorgeous day and we spent much of the afternoon outside. Later I read to Isaiah a chapter from Imprisoned in the Golden City by Dave and Neta Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment